Join the international sail training community
Posted by Tall Ships America on September 7, 2012
Here is an amazing opportunity for young sail trainers with an interest in being part of a global sail training community – Tall Ships America is looking for a bright, energetic and responsible young person, between the ages of 17 and 22, to become our representative at Sail Training International’s Youth Council.
We are looking for a person who can work independently, who has been active in Tall Ships America events (TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE® Race Series, regional meetings, and the annual conference) and is therefore able to represent Tall Ships America and it’s interests.
This is great way to meet fellow sail trainers from all over the world and have an active voice within the international sail training community.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a write up on what you think Tall Ships America is and how you will represent our mission to the global community. Send all questions, comments and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 26th.
Interested? Keep reading for the expectations and responsibilities:
The expectations of International Youth Council (IYC) members, Regional Leaders and the Executive (Leadership Team):
All STI Youth Executive members must dedicate approximately 200 hours volunteer time per year for a minimum of three (3) years and must be effective communicators in both written and spoken English.
International Youth Council Members (IYC)
Youth Executive members are responsible for:
● Representing the opinions and concerns of youth in their country
● Engaging in action to achieve the STI Youth Activities and Initiatives Plan; this implies local, regional and international plans.
● Working with other IYC members to achieve international goals
IYC members must:
● Monitor and reply to emails on a weekly basis
● Complete and submit to their Regional representative, a report once every quarter on their activities and initiatives progress outlining achievements, obstacles (if any) and proposed amendments to plan.
● Attend the STI Annual Conference and International Youth Council (IYC) meeting
● Participate in regional Skype (or equivalent) meetings when scheduled
IYC members are expected to:
● support and engage in local, regional and international activities and initiatives
● be innovative and contribute to current and future planning
● be visible and faithful representatives of STI Youth and the Family of STI entities
● support and communicate with other IYC members
● Participate online and in person at STI Youth events