Call for Nominations!
Posted by Tall Ships America on March 1, 2017
Are you looking to be more involved in sail training in an international forum? Tall Ships America is looking for youth representatives from the United States to join the International Youth Council.
We are looking for a bright, energetic and responsible young person, between the ages of 18 and 22, who has demonstrated an ability to work independently, who has been active in Tall Ships America events and thus able to represent the National organization and its interests in an articulate fashion.
The expectations of International Youth Council (IYC) members, Regional Leaders and the Executive (Leadership Team):
All STI Youth Executive members must dedicate approximately 200 hours volunteer time per year for a minimum of three (3) years and must be effective communicators in both written and spoken English.
International Youth Council Members (IYC)
Youth Executive members are responsible for:
- Representing the opinions and concerns of youth in their country
- Engaging in action to achieve the STI Youth Activities and Initiatives Plan; this implies local, regional and international plans
- Working with other IYC members to achieve international goals
IYC members must:
- Monitor and reply to emails on a weekly basis
- Complete and submit to their Regional representative, a report once every quarter on their activities and initiatives progress outlining achievements, obstacles (if any) and proposed amendments to plan
- Attend the STI Annual Conference and International Youth Council (IYC) meeting
- Participate in regional Skype (or equivalent) meetings when scheduled
IYC members are expected to:
- support and engage in local, regional and international activities and initiatives
- be innovative and contribute to current and future planning
- be visible and faithful representatives of STI Youth and the Family of STI entities
- support and communicate with other IYC members
- Participate online and in person at STI Youth events
Must be a Tall Ships America Associate Level or Crew Member in good standing
Answer the following questions:
a. In 250 words or less, tell us about your experience with sail training.
b. In 250 words or less, tell us what will make you a good Youth Representative
c. In 250 words or less, tell us what you would like to see addressed by the Sail Training community concerning youth.
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 15 March 2017. Decisions will be made by 20 March 2017.
If applicants have any questions about the experience they can contact Erin Short at the above email or Brian Holmen, current Youth Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org